Moving your site to NetGate is simple. Here are the basic steps:
- If possible lower the TTL records on your domain to 5 minutes. This allows for fast change over and fast fail back (should anything go wrong).
- Point your domain at our DNS servers. Or update the needed DNS records yourself.
- Backup you existing website.
- Upload your website to NetGate. You can use FTP, the File Manager or WebDAV to upload your site.
- Test your new Site. The easiest way to do that is to trick your computer into seeing the new site instead of the old site. To learn more check out our article on how to trick your computer into seeing your new site.
- Tell us all is good. We’ll finish updating the DNS records for you.
- Your new Site is live!